The Resource Love story
- Love story
- Statement of responsibility
- Paramount Pictures ; directed by Arthur Hiller ; written by Erich Segal ; produced by Howard G. Minsky ; a Howard G. Minsky-Arthur Hiller Production
- Social classes -- Drama.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Drama.
- Married people -- Drama.
- Love -- Drama.
- Young men -- Conduct of life -- Drama.
- College students -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Romance films.
- Young women -- Conduct of life -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Harvard Law student Oliver Barrett IV and music student Jennifer Cavilleri share a chemistry they cannot deny - and a love they cannot ignore. Despite their opposite backgrounds, the young couple put their hearts on the line for each other. When they marry, Oliver's wealthy father threatens to disown him. Jenny tries to reconcile the Barrett men, but to no avail. Oliver and Jenny continue to build their life together. Relying only on each other, they believe love can fix anything. But fate has other plans. Soon, what began as a brutally honest friendship becomes the love story of their lives
- Awards note
- Winner, 1971 Golden Globes for Best Original Score--Francis Lai; Best Screenplay--Erich Segal; Best Motion Picture Actress, Drama--Ali MacGraw; Best Motion Picture Director--Arthur Hiller; Best Motion Picture, Drama; 1971 Academy Award Best music, original score--Francis Lai.
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Dick Kratina ; film editor, Robert C. Jones ; music, Francis Lai ; art direction, Robert Gundlach ; costume design, Alice Manougian Martin, Pearl Somner ; technical advisors, William and Robert Cleary
- Date time place
- Originally produced as an American motion picture in 1970
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: Rated PG for language and a love scene; Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
- Language note
- In English or dubbed French with optional English SDH; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .L684 2001
- Ali MacGraw (Jenny), Ryan O'Neal (Oliver), John Marley (Phil), Ray Milland (Oliver Barrett III)
- live action
ContextContext of Love story
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Love story
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/WfYonlrlV9o/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/WfYonlrlV9o/">Love story</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...