The Resource Miss Pettigrew lives for a day
- Miss Pettigrew lives for a day
- Statement of responsibility
- Keylight Entertainment Group ; Kudos Productions Ltd. ; produced by Nellie Bellflower, Stephen Garrett ; screenplay by David Magee and Simon Beaufoy ; directed by Bharat Nalluri
- Title variation
- Frances McDormand : Miss Pettigrew lives for a day
- Payne, Tom.
- Beaufoy, Simon.
- Nalluri, Bharat.
- McDormand, Frances.
- Adams, Amy.
- Bellflower, Nellie.
- Kudos Productions Ltd.
- Cole, Christina, 1982-
- Magee, David, 1962-
- Clifford, Clare.
- Pace, Lee, 1979-
- Keylight Entertainment Group.
- Garrett, Stephen.
- Alexander, David.
- Hinds, Ciaran.
- Kants, Sarah.
- Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Henderson, Shirley, 1965-
- Strong, Mark, 1963-
- Watson, Winifred, 1906-
- Social secretaries -- England | London -- Drama.
- Women -- Social life and customs -- Drama.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Comedy films.
- Comedy -- Feature.
- London (England) -- Drama.
- Secretarios sociales -- Inglaterra | London -- Teatro.
- Man-woman relationships -- England | London -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Romance -- Feature.
- Romantic comedy films.
- Actrices -- Inglaterra | London -- Teatro.
- Women entertainers -- Drama.
- Women -- Feature.
- In 1939 London, Miss Guinevere Pettigrew is a middle-aged governess who finds herself once again unfairly dismissed from her job. Now she must seize the day if she wants a job. She does this by intercepting an employment assignment outside of her comfort level as social secretary. Arriving at a penthouse apartment for the interview, Miss Pettigrew is catapulted into the glamorous world and dizzying social whirl of an American actress and singer, Delysia Lafosse. Suddenly, Miss Pettigrew finds herself swept into the world of high society. Within hours she is living it up. Taking the social secretary designation to heart, she tries to help her new friend Delysia navigate both a love life and career. This is complicated by the three men in Delysias life: devoted pianist Michael, intimidating nightclub owner Nick, and impressionable junior impresario Phil. Miss Pettigrew herself is unexpectedly drawn to the gallant Joe, a successful designer who is tenuously engaged to haughty fashion maven Edythe - the one person who senses that the new social secretary may be out of her element and schemes to undermine her. Over the next 24 hours, Guinevere and Delysia will empower each other to discover their romantic destinies
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, John de Borman ; editor, Barney Pilling ; music, Paul Englishby ; costume designer, Michael O'Connor ; production designer, Sarah Greenwood
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for some partial nudity and innuendo
- Language note
- English or dubbed French dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- LC call number
- LC item number
- M577 2008
- Amy Adams, David Alexander, Clare Clifford, Christina Cole, Shirley Henderson, CiarÃ¡n Hinds, Sarah Kants, Frances McDormand, Lee Pace, Tom Payne, Mark Strong
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Miss Pettigrew lives for a day
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Miss Pettigrew lives for a day
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/WDKSwYBZbrk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/WDKSwYBZbrk/">Miss Pettigrew lives for a day</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...