The Resource The Duchess
- The Duchess
- Statement of responsibility
- Paramount Vantage, PathÃ© and BBC Films present in association with PathÃ© Renn Production and BIM Distribuzione ; Qwerty Films ; Magnolia Mae Films ; produced by Gabrielle Tana and Michael Kuhn ; screenplay by Jeffrey Hatcher and Anders Thomas Jensen and Saul Dibb ; directed by Saul Dibb
- Biographical -- Feature.
- Historical films.
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- England -- Drama.
- Mujeres casadas -- Inglaterra -- Teatro.
- Scandals -- England -- Drama.
- Adulterio -- Inglaterra -- Teatro.
- Feature films.
- Devonshire, Georgiana Spencer Cavendish, Duchess of, 1757-1806 -- Drama.
- Adultery -- England -- Drama.
- Married women -- England -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Biographical films.
- Chronicles the life of 18th century aristocrat Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire. She was reviled for her extravagant political and personal life. She was a vibrant beauty and celebrity of her time. Georgiana is trapped in an unhappy marrital triangle with her husband and his live-in mistress. She falls passionately in love with Earl Grey, an ambitious young politician, and the affair causes a bitter conflict with her husband and threatens to erupt into a scandal. Now she must face an agonizing choice between her hopeless but passionate love affair or her responsibilities as a duchess
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Gyula Pados ; editor, Masahiro Hirakubo ; music, Rachel Portman
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for sexual content, brief nudity and thematic material
- Language note
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .D83 2008
- Keira Knightley, Ralph Fiennes, Charlotte Rampling, Dominic Cooper, Hayley Atwell, Simon McBurney
- live action
ContextContext of The Duchess
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Duchess
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Vu5xyjU38Ac/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Vu5xyjU38Ac/">The Duchess</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...