The Resource Heart : an American medical odyssey
- Heart : an American medical odyssey
- Title remainder
- an American medical odyssey
- Statement of responsibility
- Dick Cheney and Jonathan Reiner, M.D., with Liz Cheney
- Cheney, Richard B. -- Health
- Heart -- Diseases | Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Cheney, Richard B. -- Health.
- !UNKNOWN LABEL
- Reiner, Jonathan
- Myocardial infarction -- Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Heart -- Transplantation | Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Reiner, Jonathan.
- Vice-Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- "For as long as he has served at the highest levels of business and government, Vice President Dick Cheney has also been one of the world's most prominent heart patients. Now, for the first time ever, Cheney, together with his longtime cardiologist Jonathan Reiner, MD, shares the very personal story of his courageous thirty-five-year battle with heart disease, from his first heart attack in 1978 to the heart transplant he received in 2012. In 1978, when Cheney suffered his first heart attack, he received essentially the same treatment as President Eisenhower had in 1955. Since then, cardiac medicine has evolved in extraordinary ways, and Cheney has benefited from nearly every medical and technological breakthrough along the way. At each juncture, when Cheney faced a new health challenge, the technology was one step ahead of his disease. In many ways, Cheney's story is the story of the evolution of modern cardiac care. Heart is the riveting, singular memoir of both doctor and patient, tracking their relationship as it unfolds over many years and crises. Like no US politician has before him, Cheney opens up about his health struggles, sharing harrowing, never-before-told stories about the challenges he faced during a perilous time in our nation's history. Dr. Reiner provides his perspective on Cheney's case and also gives readers a fascinating glimpse into his own education as a doctor. He masterfully chronicles the important discoveries, radical innovations, and cutting-edge science that have changed the face of medicine and saved countless lives. Powerfully braiding science with story and the personal with the political, Heart is a sweeping, inspiring, and ultimately optimistic book that will give hope to the millions of Americans affected by heart disease"--
- Vice-Presidents -- United States -- Biography
- Life stories -- Facing adversity | Medical issues
- People who have had heart attacks
- Heart -- Diseases
- Science Writing -- Medicine | Illness and Disease
- Transplantation of organs, tissues, etc
- Multiple perspectives
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Heart -- Transplantation
- People with heart disease
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Heart : an American medical odyssey
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Heart : an American medical odyssey
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/UydqqlT5PsE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/UydqqlT5PsE/">Heart : an American medical odyssey</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...