The Resource 12 years a slave
- 12 years a slave
- Statement of responsibility
- Regency Enterprises and River Road Entertainment present ; a River Road, Plan B, and New Regency production ; in association with Film4 ; a film by Steve McQueen ; produced by Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Bill Pohlad, Steve McQueen, Arnon Milchan, Anthony Katagas ; screenplay by John Ridley ; directed by Steve McQueen.
- Title variation
- Twelve years a slave
- Milchan, Arnon.
- Giamatti, Paul.
- Plan B (Firm)
- Woodard, Alfre, 1953-
- Cumberbatch, Benedict, 1976-
- Kleiner, Jeremy.
- Nyong'o, Lupita,
- Regency Enterprises.
- McQueen, Steve, 1969-
- Dano, Paul, 1984-
- Pitt, Brad, 1963-
- Ejiofor, Chiwetel, 1974-
- Ridley, John, 1965-
- River Road Entertainment (Firm)
- Pohlad, William.
- Katagas, Anthony.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Paulson, Sarah, 1974-
- Gardner, Dede.
- Fassbender, Michael, 1977-
- New Regency (Firm)
- Historical films.
- African Americans -- Drama.
- Plantation life -- Louisiana -- History -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Northup, Solomon, 1808-1863? -- Drama.
- Slaves -- United States -- Drama.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Slavery -- Louisiana -- History -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Biographical films.
- Based on the true story of Solomon Northup. It is 1841, and Northup, an accomplished, free citizen of New York, is kidnapped and sold into slavery. Stripped of his identity and deprived of all dignity, Northup is ultimately purchased by ruthless plantation owner Edwin Epps and must find the strength within to survive. Filled with powerful performances by an astonishing cast including Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbener, Benedict Cumberbatch, Brad Pitt, and newcomer Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave is both an unflinching account of slavery in American history and a celebration of the indomitable power of hope
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Music, Hans Zimmer ; editor, Joe Walker ; director of photography, Sean Bobbitt
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R, for violence/cruelty, some nudity and brief sexuality
- Language note
- In English (Dolby Digital 5.1), dubbed Spanish or dubbed French (surround Dolby Digital 2.0); Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH); English descriptive audio track for people with visual disabilities (5.1)
- Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Dano, Paul Giamatti, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Paulson, Brad Pitt, Alfre Woodard
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of 12 years a slave
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 12 years a slave
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/UhOUKGeAmpI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/UhOUKGeAmpI/">12 years a slave</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...