The Resource Only in Naples : lessons in food and famiglia from my Italian mother-in-law
- Only in Naples : lessons in food and famiglia from my Italian mother-in-law
- Title remainder
- lessons in food and famiglia from my Italian mother-in-law
- Statement of responsibility
- Katherine Wilson
- Naples (Italy) -- Social life and customs.
- Naples (Italy) -- Biography.
- Cooking -- Italy | Naples.
- Wilson, Katherine, 1974-
- Daughters-in-law -- Family relationships -- Italy | Naples.
- Americans -- Italy | Naples -- Biography.
- Wilson, Katherine, 1974- -- Family.
- Wilson, Katherine, 1974- -- Marriage.
- Mothers-in-law -- Italy | Naples -- Biography.
- Wilson, Katherine, 1974- -- Family
- Families -- Italy | Naples.
- Wilson, Katherine, 1974- -- Marriage
- "In the tradition of M.F.K. Fisher and Peter Mayle, this enchantingly warm and witty memoir follows American-born Katherine Wilson on her adventures abroad, where a three-month rite of passage in Naples turns into a permanent embrace of this boisterous city on the Mediterranean. It is all thanks to a surprising romance, a new passion for food, and a spirited woman who will become her mother-in-law--and teach her to laugh, to seize joy, and to love"--
- "When Katherine Wilson decides to do an internship abroad after graduating from college in 1996, she is warned by her family and friends against going to Naples. It is dirty and dangerous, she is told. 'The good guys and the bad guys all look alike;' 'You should really go to Tuscany, ' she is cautioned. But it is the chaos and vibrancy of Naples that intrigues Katherine. After taking an internship at the American Consulate she is set up on a blind date with a young man named Salva. She expects to be taken to dinner at a pizzeria, but instead is taken home to meet Salva's mother, Raffaella. This marks the start of Katherine's initiation into Italian society. She and Salva end up marrying, but it's Raffaella who gives Katherine the culinary and cultural education that marks the beginning of her womanhood"--
- Life stories -- Relationships | Family
- Mothers-in-law -- Naples, Italy -- Biography
- Families -- Naples, Italy
- Daughters-in-law -- Family relationships -- Naples, Italy
- Travel Writing -- Living Abroad
- Cooking -- Naples, Italy
- Cultural differences
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Americans in Italy -- Biography
- Naples, Italy -- Social life and customs
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Only in Naples : lessons in food and famiglia from my Italian mother-in-law
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Only in Naples : lessons in food and famiglia from my Italian mother-in-law
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Tm2BqCAWWvc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Tm2BqCAWWvc/">Only in Naples : lessons in food and famiglia from my Italian mother-in-law</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...