The Resource Young Frankenstein
- Young Frankenstein
- Statement of responsibility
- 20th Century Fox ; produced by Gruskoff/Venture Films, Crossbow Productions, Inc. and Jouer Limited ; A Mel Brooks film ; screen story and screenplay by Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks, based on characters in the novel Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley ; produced by Michael Gruskoff ; directed by Mel Brooks
- Frankenstein films.
- Monsters -- Drama.
- Frankenstein, Victor (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
- Frankenstein films -- Parodies, imitations, etc.
- Human experimentation in medicine -- Drama.
- Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft, 1797-1851, Frankenstein -- Film adaptations.
- Feature films.
- Film adaptations.
- Parody films.
- Scientists -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- Mad scientist films.
- Comedy films
- National Film Registry.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- A finely tuned parody of the old Frankenstein movies, in which Wilder returns to the old country to clear his family name. He finds his late grandfather's step-by-step manual explaining how to bring a corpse to life. With Igor, his hunchbacked assistant, and the curvaceous Inga, Dr. Frankenstein creates a monster who only wants to be loved
- Awards note
- Named to the National Film Registry in 2003 by the Library of Congress ; Winner, Best Dramatic Writing (Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder), 1976 Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America Nebula Awards ; Winner, Best Dramatic Presentation, 1975 Hugo Awards ; Winner, Golden Scroll awards for : Best Director (Mel Brooks), Best Horror Film, Best Make-up (William Tuttle), Best Set Direction (Robert de Vestel, Dale Hennesy), Best Supporting Actor (Marty Feldman), 1976 Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films (USA).
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Gerald Hirschfeld ; film editor, John C. Howard ; music composed and conducted by John Morris
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG.s
- Language note
- English, French, or Spanish language soundtracks ; optional English closed-captions for the hearing impaired
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .Y66522 2006
- Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Cloris Leachman, Teri Garr, Kenneth Mars, Madeline Kahn
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Young Frankenstein
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Young Frankenstein
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/SzbFwfE_If4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/SzbFwfE_If4/">Young Frankenstein</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...