The Resource Life, animated : a story of sidekicks, heroes, and autism
- Life, animated : a story of sidekicks, heroes, and autism
- Title remainder
- a story of sidekicks, heroes, and autism
- Statement of responsibility
- Ron Suskind
- Disney, Walt, 1901-1966 -- Characters.
- Suskind, Ron
- Disney, Walt, 1901-1966 -- Characters
- Suskind, Owen
- Parents of autistic children -- United States -- Biography.
- Autistic children -- United States -- Biography.
- Suskind, Ron -- Family.
- Autistic children -- Language.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Autistic children -- Family relationships -- United States.
- Suskind, Owen.
- Animated films -- Psychological aspects.
- "Imagine being trapped inside a Disney movie and having to learn about life mostly from animated characters dancing across a screen of color. A fantasy? A nightmare? This is the real-life story of Owen Suskind, the son of the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ron Suskind and his wife, Cornelia. An autistic boy who couldn't speak for years, Owen memorized dozens of Disney movies, turned them into a language to express love and loss, kinship, brotherhood. The family was forced to become animated characters, communicating with him in Disney dialogue and song; until they all emerge, together, revealing how, in darkness, we all literally need stories to survive"--
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S88 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Life, animated : a story of sidekicks, heroes, and autism
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Life, animated : a story of sidekicks, heroes, and autism
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Sew_8MfrRxA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Sew_8MfrRxA/">Life, animated : a story of sidekicks, heroes, and autism</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...