The Resource Golden door
- Golden door
- Statement of responsibility
- Alexandre Mallet-Guy and Fabrizio Mosca presentanno una coproduzione franco-italiano/ Memento Films production/Titti Film/ Respiro in coproduzione con Arte France Cinema in collaborazione con Rai Cinema in associazione con Wild Bunch con la particcipazone di Canal Plus ; produced by Alexandre Mallet-Guy, Fabrizio Mosca and Emanuele Crialese ; a film written and directed by Emanuele Crialese
- Title variation
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- Historical films.
- Historical -- Feature.
- Adventure -- Feature.
- Married people -- Drama.
- Ellis Island (N.J. and N.Y.) -- Drama.
- Widowers -- Italy | Sicily -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Adventure films.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Drama.
- Communicable diseases -- Ellis Island (N.J. and N.Y.) -- Drama.
- Quarantine -- Ellis Island (N.J. and N.Y.) -- Drama.
- Salvatore is a very poor farmer and a widower who decides to emigrate to the U.S. with all his family, including his old mother. Before they embark, they meet Lucy. She is a British woman who wants to go back to the States. Lucy, or Luce as Salvatore calls her, needs to marry someone before she arrives at Ellis Island in New York. Salvatore accepts her proposal. Once they arrive in Ellis Island they spend the quarantine period trying to pass the examinations to be admitted to the States. Tests are not so simple for poor farmers coming from Sicily. Their destiny is in the hands of the custom officers
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, AgnÃ ̈s Godard ; editor, Maryline Monthieux ; music, Antonio CastrignanÃ2 ; costume designer, Mariano Tufano ; production designer, Carlos Conti
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for brief graphic nudity
- Language note
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH) ; in Italian (Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound) or Spanish with optional English, French or Spanish subtitles
- LC call number
- LC item number
- G65346 2008
- Charlotte Gainsbourg, Vincenzo Amato, Aurora Quatrocchi, Francesco Casisa, Filippo Pucillo, Vincent Schiavelli
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Golden door
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Golden door
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/STCWBG79iPY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/STCWBG79iPY/">Golden door</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...