The Resource Rethinking normal : a memoir in transition
- Rethinking normal : a memoir in transition
- Title remainder
- a memoir in transition
- Statement of responsibility
- by Katie Rain Hill
- Male-to-female transsexuals -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature.
- Hill, Katie Rain -- Juvenile literature.
- Transgender people -- Identity -- Juvenile literature.
- Transgender youth -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature.
- Hill, Katie Rain
- Transsexual youth -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature.
- Transsexuals -- Identity -- Juvenile literature.
- "In her unique, generous, and affecting voice, nineteen-year-old Katie Hill shares her personal journey of undergoing gender reassignment. Have you ever worried that you'd never be able to live up to your parents' expectations? Have you ever imagined that life would be better if you were just invisible? Have you ever thought you would do anything--anything--to make the teasing stop? Katie Hill had and it nearly tore her apart. Katie never felt comfortable in her own skin. She realized very young that a serious mistake had been made; she was a girl who had been born in the body of a boy. Suffocating under her peers' bullying and the mounting pressure to be "normal," Katie tried to take her life at the age of eight years old. After several other failed attempts, she finally understood that "Katie"--the girl trapped within her--was determined to live. In this first-person account, Katie reflects on her pain-filled childhood and the events leading up to the life-changing decision to undergo gender reassignment as a teenager. She reveals the unique challenges she faced while unlearning how to be a boy and shares what it was like to navigate the dating world and experience heartbreak for the first time in a body that matched her gender identity. Told in an unwaveringly honest voice, Rethinking Normal is a coming-of-age story about transcending physical appearances and redefining the parameters of "normalcy" to embody one's true self"--
- "In this Young Adult memoir, a transgender girl shares her personal journey of growing up as a boy and then undergoing gender reassignment during her teens"--
- Rainbow List, 2015.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Rethinking normal : a memoir in transition
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Rethinking normal : a memoir in transition
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/RZS04MFqJpQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/RZS04MFqJpQ/">Rethinking normal : a memoir in transition</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...