The Resource Young money : inside the hidden world of Wall Street's post-crash recruits
- Young money : inside the hidden world of Wall Street's post-crash recruits
- Title remainder
- inside the hidden world of Wall Street's post-crash recruits
- Statement of responsibility
- Kevin Roose
- Financial services industry -- United States.
- Investment bankers -- New York (State) | New York.
- Investment advisors -- New York (State) | New York.
- Stockbrokers -- New York (State) | New York.
- Global Financial Crisis, 2008-2009.
- Investment advisors.
- Investment bankers.
- Financial services industry.
- Becoming a Wall Street banker is like pledging the world's most lucrative and soul-crushing fraternity. Every year, thousands of eager college graduates are hired by the world's financial giants, where they're taught the secrets of making obscene amounts of money--as well as how to dress, talk, date, drink, and schmooze like real financiers. This is the inside story of this well-guarded world. Kevin Roose, New York magazine business writer, spent more than three years shadowing eight entry-level workers at leading investment firms. Roose chronicled their triumphs and disappointments, their million-dollar trades and runaway Excel spreadsheets, and got an unprecedented (and unauthorized) glimpse of the financial world's initiation process. Roose's young bankers are exposed to the exhausting workloads, huge bonuses, and recreational drugs, but they also experience an industry forever changed by the massive financial collapse of 2008. And as they get their Wall Street educations, they face hard questions about morality, prestige, and the value of their work.--From publisher description
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .R656 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
- inside the hidden world of Wall Streets post-crash recruits
ContextContext of Young money : inside the hidden world of Wall Street's post-crash recruits
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Young money : inside the hidden world of Wall Street's post-crash recruits
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/RWs-ArGWI18/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/RWs-ArGWI18/">Young money : inside the hidden world of Wall Street's post-crash recruits</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...