The Resource Driving Miss Norma : one family's journey saying "yes" to living
- Driving Miss Norma : one family's journey saying "yes" to living
- Title remainder
- one family's journey saying "yes" to living
- Statement of responsibility
- Tim Bauerschmidt, Ramie Liddle
- Liddle, Ramie -- Travel -- United States.
- Cancer -- Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Older women -- United States -- Biography.
- Terminally ill -- Biography.
- Quality of life -- Philosophy.
- United States -- Description and travel.
- Bauerschmidt, Tim -- Travel -- United States.
- Mothers and sons.
- Bauerschmidt, Norma, 1925-2016 -- Travel -- United States.
- Recreational vehicles -- United States.
- Families -- Travel -- United States.
- Travel -- Psychological aspects.
- "When Miss Norma was diagnosed with uterine cancer, she was advised to undergo surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. But instead of confining herself to a hospital bed for what could be her last stay, Norma--newly widowed after nearly seven decades of marriage--rose to her full height of five feet and told her doctor, 'I'm ninety years old. I'm hitting the road.' Packing what she needed, Norma took off on an unforgettable cross-country journey with three professional nomads--her retired son Tim, his wife Ramie, and their standard poodle Ringo--in a thirty-six-foot RV. Driving Miss Norma is the charming, infectiously joyous chronicle of their experiences on the road--a transformative journey of living life on your own terms that shows us that it is never too late to begin an adventure, inspire hope, or become a trailblazer. As this once timid woman says 'yes' to living in the face of death, she tries regional foods for the first time, zip-lines through a former stranger's yard, and reaches for the clouds in a hot air balloon. With each passing mile (and one educational visit to a cannabis dispensary), Miss Norma's health improves and conversations that had once been taboo begin to unfold. Norma, Tim, and Ramie bond in ways they had never done before, and their definitions of home, family, and friendship expand. Stop by stop, state by state, they meet countless people from all walks of life--strangers who become fast friends and welcome them with kindness and open hearts. Infused with this irrepressible nonagenarian's wisdom, courage, and generous spirit, and filled with sixteen pages of color photographs, Driving Miss Norma reminds us that life is beautiful and precious, and that family, fun, and self-discovery can happen at any age"--
- Parent and adult child
- Life stories -- Relationships | Family
- Recreational vehicles
- Family relationships
- Family and Relationships -- Aging and Death
- Women with terminal illnesses
- Life stories -- Facing adversity | Dealing with death
- Cross-country automobile trips
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Voyages and travels
- Biography type
- collective biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B38 2017
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
- one familys journey saying yes to living
ContextContext of Driving Miss Norma : one family's journey saying "yes" to living
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Driving Miss Norma : one family's journey saying "yes" to living
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/RTvjhujqy8U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/RTvjhujqy8U/">Driving Miss Norma : one family's journey saying "yes" to living</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...