The Resource The address
- The address
- Statement of responsibility
- a Florentine Films production ; written, produced & directed by Ken Burns ; producer, Christopher Darling ; produced in association with WETA Washington, DC.
- Oral interpretation -- Students | Attitudes.
- Documentary television programs
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865, Gettysburg address -- Memorizing.
- Television programs -- United States
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- Nonfiction television programs
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865, Gettysburg address -- History.
- Learning disabled children -- Education -- Vermont.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities
- "At the tiny Greenwood School in the small New England town of Putney, Vermont, its roughly 50 students, boys from the ages 11 to 17 are asked each year to memorize the Gettysburg Address. This would be a daunting assignment for any student, but the boys at Greenwood all suffer from learning differences that have made their personal, academic and social progress extremely challenging. As the students come to terms with the address's simple message of freedom, equality and democracy, they are seen to grow in self-confidence as they confront past failures and humiliations, ultimately opening the door to what Lincoln himself described as 'a new birth of freedom'. Interweaving the history of this most famous of American speeches with the contemporary journey of the boys at Greenwood, the film reveals the timeless resonance of Lincoln's words, while culminating in the triumph of the human spirit"--Container
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Editor, Craig Mellish ; cinematography, Lindsay Taylor Jackson, David Burton Lovejoy ; producer for WETA, Jim Corbley
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- Rating: TVG
- Language note
- In English or Spanish; with optional English or Spanish SDH subtitles; optional English descriptive video information
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .A33 2014
- Narrated by Ethan, Geo, John, Kevin, Ned, Pasha, Thomas
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of The address
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The address
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/QuT-EBY0sKc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/QuT-EBY0sKc/">The address</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...