The Resource The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
- The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
- Statement of responsibility
- David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 307-312) and index
- How a cancer doctor met his greatest challenge to end all illness -- The science and art of defining your health. What is health?: A new definition that changes everything -- A pound of cure: The simple ways to measure your health today and accept trade-offs in designing your health for tomorrow -- Go back to the future: Why it pays to know your history- and how to get it -- Rotten eggs and cute chicks: How environmental impacts can be huge where we least expect them, and insignificant where we most expect them -- Two French restaurants, one without butter: The weakness in DNA and the power in proteins -- The elements of healthy style. Proceed with caution: Studies, claims, and scare tactics -- The truth about synthetic shortcuts: How to save hundreds of dollars a year and rethink the need for supplements and vitamins -- The fallacy of "fresh": Hidden dangers and opportunities in your local market -- Hot and heavy: What NFL football players and nuns can teach us about deadly inflammation- and how to control it -- Running to sit still: The perils of a prolonged perch -- Timing is everything: The wonder drug of keeping a regular schedule -- The future you. High-tech health: How virtual reality and knowledge from the video game world may one day save our lives -- The give-and-take: How sharing our medical information can make us live longer and better -- The art of doing nothing: Honoring our body's natural healing powers -- Conclusion: Of Mice and Men and the search for the master switch: Do we have to die? My final notes of hope
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- 1st Free Press hardcover ed.
- xiv, 335 p.
- Isbn Type
- Other physical details
ContextContext of The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Qc4bJnoYOSU/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Qc4bJnoYOSU/">The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...