The Resource The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
- The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
- Statement of responsibility
- David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 307-312) and index
- How a cancer doctor met his greatest challenge to end all illness -- The science and art of defining your health. What is health?: A new definition that changes everything -- A pound of cure: The simple ways to measure your health today and accept trade-offs in designing your health for tomorrow -- Go back to the future: Why it pays to know your history- and how to get it -- Rotten eggs and cute chicks: How environmental impacts can be huge where we least expect them, and insignificant where we most expect them -- Two French restaurants, one without butter: The weakness in DNA and the power in proteins -- The elements of healthy style. Proceed with caution: Studies, claims, and scare tactics -- The truth about synthetic shortcuts: How to save hundreds of dollars a year and rethink the need for supplements and vitamins -- The fallacy of "fresh": Hidden dangers and opportunities in your local market -- Hot and heavy: What NFL football players and nuns can teach us about deadly inflammation- and how to control it -- Running to sit still: The perils of a prolonged perch -- Timing is everything: The wonder drug of keeping a regular schedule -- The future you. High-tech health: How virtual reality and knowledge from the video game world may one day save our lives -- The give-and-take: How sharing our medical information can make us live longer and better -- The art of doing nothing: Honoring our body's natural healing powers -- Conclusion: Of Mice and Men and the search for the master switch: Do we have to die? My final notes of hope
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- 1st Free Press hardcover ed.
- xiv, 335 p.
- Isbn Type
- Other physical details
ContextContext of The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Qc4bJnoYOSU/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Qc4bJnoYOSU/">The end of illness, David B. Agus ; with Kristin Loberg</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...