The Resource Doubt
- Statement of responsibility
- Miramax Films ; produced by Scott Rudin, Mark Roybal ; written for the screen and directed by John Patrick Shanley
- Title variation
- Meryl Streep : Doubt
- Detective and mystery films.
- Malicious accusation -- New York (State) | New York -- Drama.
- Suspense films.
- Child abuse -- New York (State) | New York -- Drama.
- Mystery films.
- Catholic Church -- Clergy | Complaints against -- Drama.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- School principals -- New York (State) | New York -- Drama.
- Escuelas -- Superintendentes y directores -- Nueva York (Estados Unidos : Estado) | Nueva York -- Teatro.
- Thriller -- Feature
- Iglesia CatÃ3lica -- Clero -- Teatro.
- Nuns -- New York (State) | New York -- Drama.
- Mystery -- Feature
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- 1964, St. Nicholas in the Bronx. Father Flynn is a charismatic priest who is trying to upend the schools' strict customs, which have long been fiercely guarded by Sister Aloysius Beauvier. The Sister is the iron-gloved principal who believes in the power of fear and discipline. With the winds of political change, the school has just accepted its first black student, Donald Miller. But when Sister James shares with Sister Aloysius her suspicion that Father Flynn is paying too much personal attention to Donald, Sister Aloysius sets off on a personal crusade to unearth the truth and to expunge Flynn from the school. Now, without any proof, besides her moral certainty, Sister Aloysius locks into a battle of wills with Father Flynn. This threatens to tear apart the community with its irrevocable consequence
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Roger Deakins ; editor, Dylan Tichenor ; music, Howard Shore
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for thematic material
- Language note
- English or French dialogue, Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, Viola Davis, Alice Drummond, Audrie Neenan, Susan Blommaert, Carrie Preston, John Costelloe, Lloyd Clay Brown, Joseph Foster II
- live action
ContextContext of Doubt
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Doubt
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/PXXs0CFy7CQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/PXXs0CFy7CQ/">Doubt</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...