The Resource There will be blood
- There will be blood
- Statement of responsibility
- Ghoulardi Film Company ; Paramount Vantage ; Miramax Films ; produced by Paul Thomas Anderson, Daniel Lupi, JoAnne Sellar ; screenplay by Paul Thomas Anderson ; directed by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Title variation
- Daniel Day Lewis : There will be blood
- Oil well drilling rigs -- California -- Drama.
- Campos petrolÃferos -- California -- Teatro.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Petroleum workers -- California -- Drama.
- Hermanos -- California -- Teatro.
- Melodrama -- Feature.
- Oil industry workers -- California -- Drama.
- California -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Brothers -- California -- Drama.
- A down-and-out silver miner raising a son, self-made oilman Daniel Plainview, whose voracious appetite for oil turns him into a California tycoon in the early years of the 20th century. Getting the oil from the ground is an intensely physical process that later broadens into Plainview's equally indomitable urge to control land and power. Along the way, Plainview deals with a mighty derrick fire, a visit from a long-lost brother, and the ongoing involvement of Plainview's poker-faced adoptive son. Plainview's rivalry with Eli Sunday, the local preacher
- Awards note
- Golden Globes, USA, 2008: Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama (Daniel Day-Lewis)
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Robert Elswit ; editor, Dylan Tichenor ; music, Jonny Greenwood ; costume designer, Mark Bridges ; production designer, Jack Fisk ; visual effects supervisors, Grady Cofer, Paul Graff
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for some violence
- Language note
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- T4474 2008
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Kevin J. O'Connor, CiarÃ¡n Hinds, Dillon Freasier, Barry Del Sherman, Paul F. Tompkins
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of There will be blood
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work There will be blood
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/P5-sb32HicY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/P5-sb32HicY/">There will be blood</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...