The Resource Sea of dangers : Captain Cook and his rivals in the South Pacific
- Sea of dangers : Captain Cook and his rivals in the South Pacific
- Title remainder
- Captain Cook and his rivals in the South Pacific
- Statement of responsibility
- Geoffrey Blainey
- Explorers -- France -- Biography.
- Cook, James, 1728-1779
- Surville, Jean FranÃ§ois de, 1717-1770.
- Explorers -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Pacific Ocean -- Discovery and exploration | British.
- Voyages around the world -- History -- 18th century.
- Cook, James, 1728-1779.
- Oceania -- Discovery and exploration | British.
- In 1769 two ships set out independently in search of a missing continent: a French merchant ship commanded by Jean de Surville, and a small British naval vessel, the Endeavour, commanded by Captain James Cook. Neither knew of the other's existence. Cook's first long voyage was one of the most remarkable in recorded history: in a ship not much larger in area than a tennis court, he not only sailed around the world, following the most difficult route any navigator had ever attempted, but also changed the map of the world. He was the first to explore most of the New Zealand coast and much of the east coast of Australia. He lost a third of his crew to tropical illnesses, after earlier saving them from scurvy. Historian Geoffrey Blainey brings his storytelling powers to bear on this fascinating and important adventure, drawing us into the lives of the major figures.--From publisher description
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B65 2009
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Sea of dangers : Captain Cook and his rivals in the South Pacific
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Sea of dangers : Captain Cook and his rivals in the South Pacific
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/OvM6pDTVrxE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/OvM6pDTVrxE/">Sea of dangers : Captain Cook and his rivals in the South Pacific</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...