The Resource The right word : Roget and his thesaurus
- The right word : Roget and his thesaurus
- Statement of responsibility
- Jen Bryant, Melissa Sweet
- Title variation
- Roget and his thesaurus
- Lexicographers -- Great Britain -- Biography | Juvenile literature.
- Roget, Peter Mark, 1779-1869, Thesaurus of English words and phrases
- Philologists -- Great Britain -- Biography | Juvenile literature.
- Roget, Peter Mark, 1779-1869, Thesaurus of English words and phrases -- Juvenile literature.
- Roget, Peter Mark, 1779-1869 -- Juvenile literature.
- The story of "shy young Peter Mark Roget, [for whom] books were the best companions--and it wasn't long before Peter began writing his own book. But he didn't write stories; he wrote lists. Peter took his love for words and turned it to organizing ideas and finding exactly the right word to express just what he thought. His lists grew and grew, eventually turning into one of the most important reference books of all time"--Amazon.com
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2015
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Books for Youth, 2014
- Golden Kite Award for Picture Book Illustration, 2015.
- Lupine Award (Maine) for Picture Book, 2014.
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Nonfiction, 2014
- Parents' Choice Award for Non-Fiction, 2015
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B79 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The right word : Roget and his thesaurus
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The right word : Roget and his thesaurus
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/OuZSX06nUa0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/OuZSX06nUa0/">The right word : Roget and his thesaurus</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...