The Resource The other queen
- The other queen
- Statement of responsibility
- by Philippa Gregory
- Mary, Queen of Scots, 1542-1587
- Scotland -- History -- Mary Stuart, 1542-1567 -- Fiction.
- Shrewsbury, Elizabeth Hardwick Talbot, Countess of, 1527?-1608 -- Fiction.
- Biographical fiction.
- Mary, Queen of Scots, 1542-1587 -- Fiction.
- Shrewsbury, Elizabeth Hardwick Talbot, Countess of, 1527?-1608
- Great Britain -- History -- Fiction -- Elizabeth, 1558-1603
- Historical fiction.
- This dazzling novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author Philippa Gregory presents a new and unique view of one of history's most intriguing, romantic, and maddening heroines. Biographers often neglect the captive years of Mary, Queen of Scots, who trusted Queen Elizabeth's promise of sanctuary when she fled from rebels in Scotland and then found herself imprisoned as the guest of George Talbot, Earl of Shrewsbury, and his indomitable wife, Bess of Hardwick. The newly married couple welcome the doomed queen into their home, certain that serving as her hosts and jailers will bring them an advantage in the cutthroat world of the Elizabethan court. To their horror, they find that the task will bankrupt them, and as their home becomes the epicenter of intrigue and rebellion against Elizabeth, their loyalty to each other and to their sovereign comes into question. If Mary succeeds in seducing the earl into her own web of treachery and treason, or if the great spymaster William Cecil links them to the growing conspiracy to free Mary from her illegal imprisonment, they will all face the headsman
- Historical fiction
- Biographical fiction
- Men/women relations
- Extramarital relations
- Courts and courtiers
- Abandoned wives
- Love triangles
- Favorites, Royal
- Women rulers -- Great Britain
- Husband and wife
- Murder victims
- First person narratives
- Great Britain -- History -- Elizabeth I, 1558-1603
- Scotland -- History -- Mary Stuart, 1542-1567
- Multiple perspectives
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- O845 2008
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Tudor novels Philippa Gregory
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The other queen
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The other queen
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Otgj68h1X5U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Otgj68h1X5U/">The other queen</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...