The Resource The nativity story
- The nativity story
- Statement of responsibility
- New Line Cinema presents a Temple Hill production ; produced by Wyck Godfrey, Marty Bowen ; written by Mike Rich ; directed by Catherine Hardwicke
- Religious -- Feature
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Drama.
- Bethlehem -- Drama.
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Motherhood -- Drama.
- Feature films
- Family -- Feature
- Religious films.
- Bible films
- Prophecy -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Mes de MarÃa -- Teatro
- Joseph, Saint -- Drama.
- Jesus Christ -- Drama.
- Magi -- Drama.
- Jesucristo -- Natividad -- Teatro
- Jesus Christ -- Nativity -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Begins with the slaughter of Bethlehem's innocents under orders from a paranoid King Herod. Go back a year to the prophecy that informs Zechariah that his wife, Elizabeth, will bear a child. Elizabeth's cousin, the adolescent Mary, struggles with her family to make ends meet and is promised to the carpenter Joseph. Mary is told by the angel Gabriel that she will carry, while still a virgin, the long-awaited Messiah who will liberate the Jews from Herod and his Roman benefactors. Joseph and Mary travel to Bethlehem. Three Magi spend months crossing the desert trying to rendezvous with some point below the convergence of three heavenly bodies in the night sky. Friendship and trust emerges between Mary and Joseph after he is told in a dream that she speaks truthfully about her miraculous pregnancy
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Elliot Davis ; editor, Robert K. Lambert ; music, Mychael Danna ; costume designer, Maurizio Millenotti ; production designer, Stefano Maria Ortolani
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG; for some violent content
- Language note
- In English with optional English or Spanish subtitles
- LC call number
- LC item number
- N3858589 2007
- Keisha Castle-Hughes, Oscar Isaac, Hiam Abbass, Shaun Toub, CiarÃ¡n Hinds, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Stanley Townsend, Emilia Fortunato, Alexander Siddig
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of The nativity story
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The nativity story
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/NHOLJBkegQk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/NHOLJBkegQk/">The nativity story</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...