The Resource The dry : a novel
- The dry : a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Jane Harper
- "'One of the most stunning debuts I've ever read ... Every word is near perfect.' -- David Baldacci. A small town hides big secrets in The Dry, an atmospheric, page-turning debut mystery by award-winning author Jane Harper. After getting a note demanding his presence, Federal Agent Aaron Falk arrives in his hometown for the first time in decades to attend the funeral of his best friend, Luke. Twenty years ago when Falk was accused of murder, Luke was his alibi. Falk and his father fled under a cloud of suspicion, saved from prosecution only because of Luke's steadfast claim that the boys had been together at the time of the crime. But now more than one person knows they didn't tell the truth back then, and Luke is dead. Amid the worst drought in a century, Falk and the local detective question what really happened to Luke. As Falk reluctantly investigates to see if there's more to Luke's death than there seems to be, long-buried mysteries resurface, as do the lies that have haunted them. And Falk will find that small towns have always hidden big secrets."--
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year, 2017.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, General Fiction Book of the Year, 2016.
- Davitt Awards, Best Adult Novel, 2017
- Davitt Awards, Readers' Choice, 2017
- Gold Dagger Award for Best Crime Novel of the Year, 2017
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2017
- Ned Kelly Award for Best First Novel, 2017
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- D79 2017
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Aaron Falk novels ;
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The dry : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The dry : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/LX2LGseNa0E/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/LX2LGseNa0E/">The dry : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...