The Resource Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe, Robert Gellately
- Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe, Robert Gellately
- Title remainder
- the age of social catastrophe
- Statement of responsibility
- Robert Gellately
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 595-670) and index
- 1: Lenin's communist dictatorship -- The first world war and the Russian revolution -- On the way to communist dictatorship -- Civil wars in the Soviet Union -- 2: The rise of German national Socialism -- Nazism and the threat of Bolshevism -- First Nazi attempt to seize power -- Hitler starts over -- 3: Stalin triumphs over political rivals -- Battle for Communist Utopia -- Lenin's passing, Stalin's victory -- Stalin's new initiatives -- Stalin solidifies his grip -- 4: Germans make a pact with Hitler -- Nazi party as social movement -- Nazism exploits economic distress -- "All power" for Hitler -- 5: Stalin's reign of terror -- Fight against the countryside -- Terror as political practice -- "Mass operations" -- "Cleansing" the Soviet elite -- 6: Hitler's war against democracy -- Winning over the nation -- Dictatorship by consent -- Persecution of the Jews in the prewar years -- "Cleansing" the German body politic -- 7: Stalin and Hitler: into the social catastrophe -- Rival visions of world conquest -- German racial persecution begins in Poland -- Hitler and Western Europe -- The Society response -- The war spreads -- 8: Hitler's war on "Jewish Bolshevism" -- War of extermination as Nazi crusade -- War against the Communists: operation Barbarossa -- War against the Jews: death squads in the East -- The "final solution" and death camps -- 9: Hitler's defeat and Stalin's agenda -- Greatest crisis in Stalin's career -- Between surrender and defiance -- Soviets hold on, Hitler grows viscous -- Ethnic cleansing in wartime Soviet Union
- Control code
- 25 cm.
- 1st ed.
- xv, 696 p.,  p. of plates
- Other physical details
- ill., maps
ContextContext of Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe, Robert Gellately
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe, Robert Gellately
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/KK4HJbfKQsk/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/KK4HJbfKQsk/">Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe, Robert Gellately</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...