The Resource The steady running of the hour
- The steady running of the hour
- Statement of responsibility
- Justin Go
- Love stories
- Family secrets -- Fiction.
- FICTION / General
- Everest, Mount (China and Nepal) -- Fiction.
- Mountaineers -- England -- Fiction.
- Mount Everest Expedition, 1924 -- Fiction.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Fiction.
- FICTION / Literary
- Mystery fiction
- Young men -- California | San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction
- FICTION / Historical
- Inheritance and succession -- Fiction.
- "In this mesmerizing debut, a young American discovers he may be heir to the unclaimed estate of an English World War I officer, which launches him on a quest across Europe to uncover the elusive truth. Just after graduating college, Tristan Campbell receives a letter delivered by special courier to his apartment in San Francisco. It contains the phone number of a Mr. J.F. Prichard of Twyning & Hooper, Solicitors, in London -- and news that could change Tristan's life forever. In 1924, Prichard explains, an English alpinist named Ashley Walsingham died attempting to summit Mt. Everest, leaving his fortune to his former lover, Imogen Soames-Andersson. But the estate was never claimed. Information has recently surfaced suggesting Tristan may be the rightful heir, but unless he can find documented evidence, the fortune will be divided among charitable beneficiaries in less than two months. In a breathless race from London archives to Somme battlefields to the Eastfjords of Iceland, Tristan pieces together the story of a forbidden affair set against the tumult of the First World War and the pioneer British expeditions to Mt. Everest. Following his instincts through a maze of frenzied research, Tristan soon becomes obsessed with the tragic lovers, and he crosses paths with a mysterious French girl named Mireille who suggests there is more to his quest than he realizes. Tristan must prove that he is related to Imogen to inherit Ashley's fortune -- but the more he learns about the couple, the stranger his journey becomes. . . . Part love story, part historical tour de force, Justin Go's novel is utterly compelling, unpredictable, and heartrending"--
- ". . . A young American discovers he may be the heir to the estate of an English WWI officer and alpinist, left unclaimed for nearly 80 years, which launches him on a quest across Europe to uncover the true story of the officer's love affair with the woman who may or may not be his great-grandmother"--
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S74 2014
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The steady running of the hour
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The steady running of the hour
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/JtTfgMxLmt4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/JtTfgMxLmt4/">The steady running of the hour</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...