The Resource Pride & prejudice
- Pride & prejudice
- Statement of responsibility
- Focus Features presents in assocation with Studiocanal a Working Title production ; produced by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Paul Webster ; screenplay, Deborah Moggach ; directed by Joe Wright
- Title variation
- Pride and prejudice
- Keira Knightley: Pride & prejudice
- Matrimonio -- Costumbres y ritos -- Teatro.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Hermanas -- Inglaterra -- Teatro.
- Courtship -- England -- Drama.
- Sisters -- England -- Drama.
- Dependents -- England -- Drama.
- Melodrama -- Feature.
- Romance drama.
- Marriage customs and rites -- England -- Drama.
- Young women -- England -- Drama.
- Social classes -- England -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Romance -- Feature.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Melodrama, English.
- Mr. Bennet is an English gentleman living in Hartfordshire with his overbearing wife and 5 daughters. There is the beautiful Jane, the clever Elizabeth, the bookish Mary, the immature Kitty and the wild Lydia. Unfortunately, if Mr. Bennet dies their house will be inherited by a distant cousin whom they have never met. The family's future happiness and security is dependant on the daughters making good marriages. Life is uneventful until the arrival in the neighbourhood of the rich gentleman Mr. Bingley, who rents a large house so he can spend the summer in the country. Mr Bingley brings with him his sister and the dashing, rich, but proud Mr. Darcy. Love is soon buds for one of the Bennet sisters, while another sister may have jumped to a hasty prejudgment. For the Bennet sisters many trials and tribulations stand between them and their happiness
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Roman Osin ; art directors, Nick Gottschalk, Mark Swain ; editor, Paul Tothill ; music, Dario Marianelli ; costume designer, Jacqueline Durran ; production designer, Sarah Greenwood
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG; for some mild thematic elements
- Language note
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- P7534 2006
- Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, Brenda Blethyn, Donald Sutherland, Tom Hollander, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone, Judi Dench
- Series statement
- Focus Features spotlight series
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Pride & prejudice
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Pride & prejudice
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/I5vxeGbwkiY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/I5vxeGbwkiY/">Pride & prejudice</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...