The Resource Elizabeth, queen of the seas
- Elizabeth, queen of the seas
- Statement of responsibility
- by Lynne Cox ; illustrated by Brian Floca
- World-renowned swimmer and author Lynne Cox and Caldecott Medal-winning illustrator Brian Floca team up to bring us this inspiring story of an elephant seal who knew exactly where she belonged. Here is the incredible story of Elizabeth, a real-life elephant seal who made her home in the Avon River in the city of Christchurch, New Zealand. When Elizabeth decides to stretch out across a two-lane road, the citizens worry she might get hurt or cause traffic accidents, so a group of volunteers tows her out to sea. But Elizabeth swims all the way back to Christchurch. The volunteers catch her again and again -- each time towing her farther, even hundreds of miles away -- but, still, Elizabeth finds her way back home. Includes back matter with information about elephant seals
- Chickadee Award (Maine), 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Picture Books, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- C69 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Elizabeth, queen of the seas
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Elizabeth, queen of the seas
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/GvrbglaQLOw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/GvrbglaQLOw/">Elizabeth, queen of the seas</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...