The Resource Dark side : the inside story of how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals
- Dark side : the inside story of how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals
- Title remainder
- the inside story of how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals
- Statement of responsibility
- Jane Mayer
- In the days immediately following September 11th, the most powerful people in the country were panic-stricken. Radical decisions about how to combat terrorists and strengthen national security were made in a state of chaos and fear, but the key players, Vice President Cheney and his powerful, secretive adviser David Addington, used the crisis to further a long-held agenda to enhance presidential powers to a degree never known in U.S. history, and obliterate Constitutional protections that define the very essence of the American experiment. This is a dramatic account of how the United States made terrible decisions in the pursuit of terrorists around the world--decisions that not only violated the Constitution, but also hampered the pursuit of Al Qaeda. Whatever the short-term gains, there were incalculable losses in terms of moral standing, our country's place in the world, and its sense of itself.--From publisher description
- Presidents -- United States
- Torture -- Political aspects
- Confession (Law)
- Terrorists -- Arab countries
- Politics and global affairs -- Terrorism
- National security -- United States
- War on Terrorism, 2001-
- United States -- Politics and government -- 21st century
- Terrorism -- Government policy -- United States
- Antiterrorist policy -- United States
- J. Anthony Lukas Book Prize, 2009.
- Robert F. Kennedy Book Award, 2009.
- ALA Notable Book, 2009.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2008
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M383 2008
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Dark side : the inside story of how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Dark side : the inside story of how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Fsipp1YRgCg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Fsipp1YRgCg/">Dark side : the inside story of how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...