The Resource The book of Harlan
- The book of Harlan
- Statement of responsibility
- by Bernice L. McFadden
- France -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- France -- Fiction.
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp) -- Fiction.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Fiction.
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction
- African American families -- Fiction.
- Musicians -- Fiction.
- During World War II, two African American musicians, Harlan and Lizard, are captured by the Nazis in Paris and imprisoned at Buchenwald concentration camp which changes the course of Harlan's life.--
- When Harlan and his best friend, trumpeter Lizard Robbins, are invited to perform at a popular cabaret in the Parisian enclave of Montmartre, Harlan jumps at the opportunity. But after the City of Light falls under Nazi occupation, Harlan and Lizard are thrown into Buchenwald-- the notorious concentration camp in Weimar, Germany. Harlan survives five horrific years, and returns home struggling to overcome the chaos he has experienced
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B66 2016
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The book of Harlan
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The book of Harlan
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/FHzxekWc4yQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/FHzxekWc4yQ/">The book of Harlan</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...