The Resource Deathly deception : the real story of Operation Mincemeat
- Deathly deception : the real story of Operation Mincemeat
- Title remainder
- the real story of Operation Mincemeat
- Statement of responsibility
- Denis Smyth
- Sicily (Italy) -- History, Military -- 20th century.
- Great Britain
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Spain | Atlantic Coast.
- Operation Mincemeat.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- Great Britain.
- Montagu, Ewen, 1901-1985.
- Great Britain -- History -- World War, 1939-1945.
- Atlantic Coast (Spain) -- History, Military -- 20th century.
- Deception -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy | Sicily.
- Deception -- Spain | Atlantic Coast -- History -- 20th century.
- In the pre-dawn darkness of April 30, 1943, the body of a Royal Marine Major washed ashore on the south-western coast of Spain, part of an incredible plot to mislead the German High Command about the Allies' impending Mediterranean invasion. What made this ruse unique--and macabre--was that the "Major" was actually a deceased Welsh laborer, who drifted lifelessly ashore carrying false documents indicating that the Allies were set to launch an attack on Greece, rather than Sicily. In this accurate and in-depth retelling of the story behind the operation, Denis Smyth draws on a vast collection of previously unavailable documentary sources to expertly bring all phases of "Mincemeat" to life. He reveals how the architects of the plan navigated a maze of medical, technical, and logistical issues to deceive the enemy at the highest strategic levels. --from publisher description
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S69 2010
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Deathly deception : the real story of Operation Mincemeat
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Deathly deception : the real story of Operation Mincemeat
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/FCj6SnXTbQc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/FCj6SnXTbQc/">Deathly deception : the real story of Operation Mincemeat</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...