The Resource Joseph P. Kennedy presents : his Hollywood years
- Joseph P. Kennedy presents : his Hollywood years
- Title remainder
- his Hollywood years
- Statement of responsibility
- Cari Beauchamp
- Kennedy family.
- Irish Americans -- California | Los Angeles -- Biography.
- Kennedy, Joseph P., (Joseph Patrick), 1888-1969 -- Career in the motion picture industry.
- Capitalists and financiers -- California | Los Angeles -- Biography.
- Kennedy, Joseph P., (Joseph Patrick), 1888-1969 -- Career in the motion picture industry
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Biography.
- Businessmen -- California | Los Angeles -- Biography.
- Kennedy family
- Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Biography.
- A tale of business genius and personal greed that brings to light not only the way Joseph P. Kennedy made his fortune, but how he forever changed the business of movie-making. Between 1926 and 1930, Kennedy--merciless, electrifying, a visionary--used his talents to position himself as a Hollywood leader. By 1928, at age 40, he was running three studios at once. Biographer Beauchamp writes about the genius behind Kennedy's profiteering and his importance in changing the way Hollywood conducted business. As one of the first nonfamily members to be given access to Kennedy's personal papers, Beauchamp has dug through the files of memos and notes to tell how he made it all happen: how he charmed, cajoled, and bullied; how he juggled various backers--and managed to line his pockets with millions. Beauchamp writes about the movies Kennedy produced and the stars he made, about the jobs lost and the careers ruined.--From publisher description
- Business and economics -- Industries | Entertainment and media
- Capitalists and financiers -- Biography
- Irish Americans -- Los Angeles, California -- Biography
- Hollywood, California
- Arts and Entertainment -- Movies and Television
- Los Angeles, California
- Adult books for young adults
- Businesspeople -- Biography
- Life stories -- Arts and culture | Performing arts | Directors and producers
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2009.
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B43 2009
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Joseph P. Kennedy presents : his Hollywood years
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Joseph P. Kennedy presents : his Hollywood years
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/F7R54QJ46Hw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/F7R54QJ46Hw/">Joseph P. Kennedy presents : his Hollywood years</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...