The Resource Notes on a scandal
- Notes on a scandal
- Statement of responsibility
- Fox Searchlight Pictures and DNA Films presents in assocation with the UK Film Council and BBC Films ; screenplay by Patrick Marber ; produced by Scott Rudin and Robert Fox ; directed by Richard Eyre
- Title variation
- Judi Dench: Notes on a scandal
- Loneliness in old age -- Drama.
- Scandals -- Drama.
- DVD recordings.
- Suspense films.
- Teacher-student relationships -- Drama.
- Women teachers -- Drama.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- High school teachers -- Drama.
- Diaries -- Drama.
- Melodrama -- Feature.
- Thriller -- Feature
- Feature films.
- Man-woman relationship -- Drama.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Barbara is a cynical schoolteacher who is close to retirement. Her only means of taking the edge off her desperate loneliness is writing in her journal. Sheba is a younger, attractive woman, who joins the faculty as an art teacher. Barbara watches her from afar and has nothing but caustic things to say in her diary. Barbara finds herself reaching out to Sheba. Sheba responds by inviting her to dinner at her house to meet Sheba's lecturer husband and their two children. Later, when Barbara discovers that Sheba is having a sexual relationship with a 15-year old student, Barbara realizes that knowledge of this secret gives her power over Sheba which she can use for her own purposes. Sheba becomes uneasy with Barbara's friendship. The tenuous relationship between the two women reaches a crisis point when Barbara's cat is dying and she asks Sheba to go with her to the vet. Sheba chooses to go with her family to see their son in a play instead. In revenge, Barbara sets in motion the scandal that will rock both their lives in ways they never imagined
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Chris Menges ; editors, John Bloom, Antonia Van Drimmelen ; music, Philip Glass ; costume designer, Tim Hatley ; productions designer, Tim Hatley
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for language and some aberrant sexual content
- Language note
- Closed-captioned; dialogue in English (5.1 Dolby Surround), French (Dolby Surround) or Spanish (Dolby Surround) with optional subtitles in English, French or Spanish
- LC call number
- LC item number
- N6847 2007
- Judi Dench, Cate Blanchett, Bill Nighy
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Notes on a scandal
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Notes on a scandal
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/EZwgzlA0y54/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/EZwgzlA0y54/">Notes on a scandal</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...