The Resource The Boleyn reckoning : a novel
- The Boleyn reckoning : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Laura Andersen
- Alternative histories
- Regency fiction
- Great Britain -- History -- Tudors, 1485-1603 -- Fiction.
- Elizabeth, Queen, consort of Henry VII, King of England, 1465-1503 -- Fiction.
- Henry, VIII, King of England, 1491-1547
- Anne Boleyn, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1507-1536
- Anne Boleyn, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1507-1536 -- Fiction.
- Inheritance and succession -- England -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction
- Great Britain -- Kings and rulers | Succession -- Fiction.
- "Perfect for fans of Philippa Gregory and Alison Weir, The Boleyn Reckoning heralds the triumphant conclusion of Laura Andersen's enthralling trilogy about the Tudor king who never was: the son of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn--Henry IX--who, along with his sisters and those he holds most dear, approaches a dangerous crossroads. The Tudor royal family has barely survived a disastrous winter. Now English ships and soldiers prepare for the threat of invasion. But William Tudor--known as Henry IX--has his own personal battles to attend to. He still burns for Minuette, his longtime friend, but she has married William's trusted advisor, Dominic, in secret--an act of betrayal that puts both their lives in danger. Princess Elizabeth, concerned over her brother's erratic, vengeful behavior, imperils her own life by assembling a shadow court in an effort to protect England. With war on the horizon, Elizabeth must decide where her duty lies: with her brother or her country. Her choice could forever change the course of history. Look for special features inside. Join the Random House Reader's Circle for author chats and more. LAURA ANDERSEN'S NOVELS ABOUT THE IMAGINED SON OF HENRY VIII and ANNE BOLEYN ARE: "excellent. quick-paced" --Booklist (starred review) "delectable and full of intrigue" --New York Times bestselling author Tasha Alexander "impossible to put down" --award-winning author Stefanie Pintoff"--
- "Elizabeth Tudor is at a crossroads. Though her brother, William, has survived the smallpox, scars linger on the king's body and mind and he marches to the drumbeat of his own desires rather than his country's welfare. Wary, Elizabeth assembles her own shadow court to protect England as best she can. Meanwhile, Minuette and Dominic have married in secret, but the truth cannot stay hidden for long. Faced with betrayal by those he loved most, William's need for vengeance pushes England to the brink of civil war and in the end, Elizabeth must choose: her brother, or her country?"--
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B75 2014
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Anne Boleyn trilogy
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Boleyn reckoning : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Boleyn reckoning : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/DyBRE4gZ2_A/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/DyBRE4gZ2_A/">The Boleyn reckoning : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...