The Resource Drum dream girl : how one girl's courage changed music
- Drum dream girl : how one girl's courage changed music
- Statement of responsibility
- poem by Margarita Engle ; illustrations by Rafael Lopez
- Title variation
- Drumdream girl
- Follows a young Cuban girl in the 1930s as she strives to become a drummer, despite being continually reminded that only boys play the drums, and that there's never been a female drummer in Cuba. Includes note about Millo Castro Zaldarriaga, who inspired the story, and Anacaona, the all-girl dance band she formed with her sisters
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2016
- Charlotte Zolotow Award, 2016
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2016.
- Pura Belpre Award for Illustration, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Picture Books, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Dru 2015
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Drum dream girl : how one girl's courage changed music
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Drum dream girl : how one girl's courage changed music
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/CsbZ9ZvT0Hw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/CsbZ9ZvT0Hw/">Drum dream girl : how one girl's courage changed music</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...