The Resource Educated : a memoir
- Educated : a memoir
- Title remainder
- a memoir
- Statement of responsibility
- Tara Westover
- Christian biography.
- Home schooling -- Idaho -- Anecdotes.
- Westover, Tara
- Subculture -- Idaho.
- Westover, Tara -- Family.
- Idaho -- Rural conditions -- Anecdotes.
- Women college students -- United States -- Biography.
- Women -- Idaho -- Biography.
- Survivalism -- Idaho -- Biography.
- Victims of family violence -- Idaho -- Biography.
- Adult children of dysfunctional families -- Idaho -- Biography.
- Idaho -- Biography.
- "Tara Westover was seventeen the first time she set foot in a classroom. Born to survivalists in the mountains of Idaho, she prepared for the end of the world by stockpiling home-canned peaches and sleeping with her "head-for-the-hills bag." In the summer she stewed herbs for her mother, a midwife and healer, and in the winter she salvaged in her father's junkyard. The family was so isolated from mainstream society that there was no one to ensure the children received an education, and no one to intervene when one of Tara's older brothers became violent. As a way out, Tara began to educate herself, learning enough mathematics and grammar to be admitted to Brigham Young University. Her quest for knowledge would transform her, taking her over oceans and across continents, to Harvard and to Cambridge. Only then would she wonder if she'd traveled too far, if there was still a way home. With the acute insight that distinguishes all great writers, Tara Westover has crafted a universal coming-of-age story that gets to the heart of what an education offers: the perspective to see one's life through new eyes, and the will to change it."--Provided by publisher
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2018.
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- W47 2018
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Educated : a memoir
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Educated : a memoir
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/CLVEfRd2N2Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/CLVEfRd2N2Y/">Educated : a memoir</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...