The Resource Venus
- Statement of responsibility
- Miramax Films, Filmfour and UK Film Council present a Free Range Film ; produced by Kevin Loader ; written by Hanif Kureishi ; directed by Roger Michell
- Title variation
- Peter O'Toole: Venus
- Miramax Films.
- UK Film Council.
- Miramax Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Redgrave, Vanessa, 1937-
- Kureishi, Hanif.
- Free Range Films (Firm)
- Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- FilmFour (Firm)
- Whittaker, Jodie.
- Griffiths, Richard, 1947-
- Michell, Roger, 1957-
- Phillips, Leslie, 1924-
- Loader, Kevin.
- O'Toole, Peter, 1932-
- Maurice and Ian are successful, but aging actors. The two are close friends whose conversation generally revolves around theatrical shop talk and the infirmities of other aging actors. Ian is fearful that death is right around the corner, so he agrees to let his niece's daughter, Jessie, move in to his flat to care for him. Jessie is a modern woman in her early twenties. She turns out to be a nightmare for Ian, especially since she is a hard-drinking, rude, and dismissive brat. But Maurice sees something else in the young woman, a potential for humanity which blossoms under his kindness and gentle guidance. For Maurice, something else blossoms as well - romantic love for a girl fifty years younger
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Haris Zambarloukos ; editor, Nicolas Gaster ; music, Corrine Bailey Rae ; costume designer, Natalie Ward ; production designer, John-Paul Kelly
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for language, some sexual content and brief nudity
- Language note
- Closed-captioned ; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- LC call number
- LC item number
- V4687 2007
- Peter O'Toole, Leslie Phillips, Jodie Whittaker, Richard Griffiths, Vanessa Redgrave
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Venus
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Venus
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/CJBGJvzeu6s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/CJBGJvzeu6s/">Venus</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...