The Resource A very principled boy : the life of Duncan Lee, Red spy and cold warrior
- A very principled boy : the life of Duncan Lee, Red spy and cold warrior
- Title remainder
- the life of Duncan Lee, Red spy and cold warrior
- Statement of responsibility
- Mark A. Bradley
- United States -- Biography.
- Espionage, Soviet -- United States -- History.
- Communists -- United States -- Biography.
- United States
- Intelligence officers -- United States -- Biography.
- Moles (Spies) -- United States -- Biography.
- Lee, Duncan Chaplin, 1913-1988
- Cold War -- Biography.
- Lee, Duncan Chaplin, 1913-1988.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service.
- "Duncan Chaplin Lee was one of the highest-ranking moles in the wartime U.S. intelligence apparatus. Lee was chief aide to William "Wild Bill" Donovan, the fabled head of the Office of Strategic Services and grandfather of the CIA. During World War II, Lee's political sympathies and desire to advance the fight against fascism led him to leak highly classified information to the Soviets. J. Edgar Hoover would tirelessly trace Lee's movements in an attempt to prove his guilt. A Very Principled Boy shows just how deeply Soviet spies were entrenched in the American intelligence community at the height of the Cold War"--
- "Duncan Chaplain Lee was an unlikely traitor. A Rhodes Scholar, patriot, and descendent of one of America's most distinguished families, he was also a communist sympathizer who used his position as aid to intelligence chief "Wild Bill" Donovan to leak critical information to the Soviets during World War II. As intelligence expert Mark A. Bradley reveals, Lee was one of Stalin's most valuable moles in U.S. intelligence, passing the KGB vital information on everything from the D-Day invasion to America's plans for postwar Europe. Outwitting both J. Edgar Hoover and Senator Joseph McCarthy, he escaped detection again and again, dying a free man before authorities could prove his guilt. A fast-paced cat-and-mouse tale of misguided idealism and high treason, A Very Principled Boy draws on thousands of previously unreleased CIA and State Department records to reveal the riveting story of one of the greatest traitors of the twentieth century"--
- History writing -- Cold war
- World War II
- Life stories -- Law and order | Spies and secret agents
- Secret service
- Communists -- United States
- Intelligence officers -- United States -- Biography
- History writing -- Spies and spying
- Moles (Spies)
- Cold War -- Biography
- Traitors -- United States
- Spies -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B73 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of A very principled boy : the life of Duncan Lee, Red spy and cold warrior
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A very principled boy : the life of Duncan Lee, Red spy and cold warrior
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/C6-b1W0ypfg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/C6-b1W0ypfg/">A very principled boy : the life of Duncan Lee, Red spy and cold warrior</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...