The Resource Come, sweet death!
- Come, sweet death!
- Statement of responsibility
- Wolf Haas ; translated by Annie Janusch
- "Another dark and funny crime novel by the author Carl Hiaasen has called "the real deal." The fourth Brenner book finds the detective in Vienna, uncovering corruption in the ambulance business...and just barely escaping with his life in the process. Disillusioned ex-cop Simon Brenner decides to take a job as an ambulance driver, in the hopes of getting away from the drudgery and corruption in the police force, and finding a "worthy profession." But the ambulance service he goes to work for has a problem--their major competitors are beating them to every pick-up, somehow listening on their radio communications. And Brenner can't help being just a little bit curious about this chance to do some detective work. Things turn considerably darker as he digs deeper, and it turns out that ambulance services are, literally, a cutthroat business. And there are people who don't want their business exposed. Brenner races around summertime Vienna, lights flashing, siren blaring, in a desperate attempt to fit it all together before there's another dead body on his conscience. A caustic and hilarious new installment in the Brenner series"--
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Language note
- First published in Germany as Komm, sï¿1⁄2usser Tod by Rowohlt Taschenbuch Verlag GmbH, Reinbeck bei Hamburg in 1998
- LC call number
- LC item number
- K613 2014
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Melville international crime
- Target audience
ContextContext of Come, sweet death!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Come, sweet death!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/AK_bL2tuSno/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/AK_bL2tuSno/">Come, sweet death!</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...