The Resource 56 up
- 56 up
- Title variation
- Fifty-six up
- Children -- Great Britain -- Longitudinal studies.
- Maturation (Psychology) -- Case studies.
- Adulthood -- Longitudinal studies.
- Developmental psychology -- Great Britain -- Case studies.
- Generations -- Great Britain -- Case studies.
- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 1945-
- Middle-aged persons -- Great Britain -- Attitudes.
- Child development -- Case studies.
- Documentary television programs.
- Life cycle, Human -- Case studies.
- "The latest instalment of ITV's landmark documentary series returns to visit the people whose lives have been followed since they were just seven-years-old. The original '7 Up' was broadcast in 1964 as a one-off World in Action Special featuring children chosen from different backgrounds to talk about their hopes and dreams for the future. The series was inspired by World in Action founder editor Tim Hewat's interest in both the saying: "Give me the child until he is seven and I will show you the man," and the rigid class system of 1960s Britain. 7 Up set out to discover whether or not the children's lives were pre-determined by their background. Director Michael Apted, who has since moved to Hollywood to direct films including 'The World Is Not Enough', 'The Chronicles of Narnia' and 'Gorillas in the Mist', has returned every seven years to chart the children's progress through life."--itv.com. Now they are 56 years old
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Directed by Michael Apted ; produced by Michael Apted, Claire Lewis ; directors of photography, George Jesse Turner, Kathryn Milliss ; executive producer, Alexander Gardiner ; film editor, Kim Horton
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .U674 2012
- Interviewer, Michael Apted ; interviews with: Bruce Balden, Jacqueline Bassett, Symon Basterfield, Andrew Brackfield, John Brisby, Suzanne Dewey, Nicholas Hitchon, Neil Hughes, Lynn Johnson, Paul Kligerman, Susan Sullivan, Tony Walker, Peter Davies
- Series statement
- Up series
- live action
ContextContext of 56 up
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 56 up
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/9Z_XO2-VTbw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/9Z_XO2-VTbw/">56 up</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...