The Resource Milk
- Statement of responsibility
- Focus Features presents Axon Films in association with Groundswell Productions ; Jinks/Cohen Company ; produced by Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks, Michael London ; written by Dustin Lance Black ; directed by Gus Van Sant
- Title variation
- Sean Penn : Milk
- Milk, Harvey -- Drama.
- Activistas gays -- California | San Francisco -- Teatro
- Moscone, George, d. 1978 -- Drama.
- Historical films.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Drama.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Gay rights -- California | San Francisco -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Assassination -- California | San Francisco -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- Asesinato -- California | San Francisco -- Teatro
- Biographical films.
- His life changed history, his courage changed lives. Harvey Milk is a middle-aged New Yorker who, after moving to San Francisco, becomes a Gay Rights activist and city politician. On his third attempt, he is elected to San Francisco's Board of Supervisors in 1977, the first openly-gay man to be elected to public office in the United States. The following year, both he and the city's mayor, George Moscone, are shot to death by former city supervisor, Dan White, who blames his former colleagues for denying White's attempt to rescind his resignation from the board. Based on the true story of Harvey Milk
- Awards note
- Academy Awards, 2009: Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Original Screenplay
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Harris Savides ; editor, Elliot Graham ; music, Danny Elfman
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for language, some sexual content and brief violence
- Language note
- Dialogue in English with optional soundtrack in French, and with optional French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M55 2009
- Sean Penn, Emile Hirsch, Josh Brolin, Diego Luna, James Franco, Alison Pill, Victor Garber
- Series statement
- Focus Features four-star collection
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Milk
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Milk
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/92sYfunnc_Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/92sYfunnc_Y/">Milk</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...