The Resource Viper pilot : a memoir of air combat
- Viper pilot : a memoir of air combat
- Title remainder
- a memoir of air combat
- Statement of responsibility
- Dan Hampton
- United States -- Biography.
- Electronic warfare aircraft -- United States.
- United States -- Biography
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Aerial operations, American.
- Hampton, Dan
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Aerial operations, American.
- Fighter pilots -- United States -- Biography.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Personal narratives, American.
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Personal narratives, American.
- F-16 (Jet fighter plane)
- From 1986 to 2006, Lt. Col. Dan Hampton was a leading member of the Wild Weasels, the elite Air Force fighter squadrons whose mission is recognized as the most dangerous job in modern air combat. Weasels are the first planes sent into a war zone, flying deep behind enemy lines purposely seeking to draw fire from surface-to-air missiles and artillery. They must skillfully evade being shot down--and then return to destroy the threats, thereby making the skies safe for everyone else to follow. Today these vital missions are more hazardous than direct air-to-air engagement with enemy aircraft. Hampton's record number of strikes on high-value targets make him the most lethal F-16 Wild Weasel pilot in American history. Hampton spearheaded the 2003 invasion of Iraq, leading the first flight of fighters over the border en route to strike Baghdad. In the war that followed, he earned three Distinguished Flying Crosses with Valor. With manned missions rapidly giving way to remote-controlled UAV drones, Viper Pilot may be the last memoir by a true hero of the skies. -- Publisher
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Aerial operations, American
- United States -- History, Military -- 20th century
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Personal narratives, American
- Life stories -- Law and order | Armed forces personnel
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Personal narratives, American
- F-16 (Jet fighter plane)
- Fighter pilots -- United States -- Biography
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Aerial operations, American
- Electronic warfare aircraft
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2012
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
- the autobiography of one of Americas most decorated F-16 combat pilots
ContextContext of Viper pilot : a memoir of air combat
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Viper pilot : a memoir of air combat
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/8IJ63ioZnE8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/8IJ63ioZnE8/">Viper pilot : a memoir of air combat</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...