The Resource The underground railroad : a novel
- The underground railroad : a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Colson Whitehead
- A magnificent tour de force chronicling a young slave's adventures as she makes a desperate bid for freedom in the antebellum South
- Cora is a slave on a cotton plantation in Georgia. When Caesar, a recent arrival from Virginia, tells her about the Underground Railroad, they decide to take a terrifying risk and escape. Though they manage to find a station and head north, they are being hunted. Their first stop is South Carolina, in a city that initially seems like a haven. But the city's placid surface masks an insidious scheme designed for its black denizens. And even worse: Ridgeway, the relentless slave catcher, is close on their heels
- Literary fiction
- Underground Railroad
- Historical fiction
- Race (Social sciences)
- Fugitive slaves
- United States -- History -- 19th century
- African American fiction
- Southern States -- Race relations | History -- 19th century
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- ALA Notable Book, 2017.
- Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction, 2017.
- Arthur C. Clarke Award, 2017.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2016
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2016
- Hurston/Wright Legacy Award: Fiction, 2017.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Fiction, 2017.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- National Book Award for Fiction, 2016.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2016
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- U53 2016
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The underground railroad : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The underground railroad : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/7eRHhGYZDRg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/7eRHhGYZDRg/">The underground railroad : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...