The Resource Terrible typhoid Mary : a true story of the deadliest cook in America
- Terrible typhoid Mary : a true story of the deadliest cook in America
- Statement of responsibility
- Susan Campbell Bartoletti
- Typhoid fever -- New York (State) | New York -- History -- Juvenile literature.
- Quarantine -- New York (State) | New York -- History -- Juvenile literature.
- Typhoid Mary, 1869-1938 -- Juvenile literature.
- Cooks -- New York (State) | New York -- Biography | Juvenile literature.
- Typhoid Mary, 1869-1938
- "What happens when a person's reputation has been forever damaged? With archival photographs and text among other primary sources, this riveting biography of Mary Mallon by the Sibert medalist and Newbery Honor winner Susan Bartoletti looks beyond the tabloid scandal of Mary's controversial life. How she was treated by medical and legal officials reveals a lesser-known story of human and constitutional rights, entangled with the science of pathology and enduring questions about who Mary Mallon really was. How did her name become synonymous with deadly disease? And who is really responsible for the lasting legacy of Typhoid Mary? This thorough exploration includes an author's note, timeline, annotated source notes, and bibliography" --
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2015
- Carolyn W. Field Award (Pennsylvania), 2016.
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Intended audience
- Middle School
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B37 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Terrible typhoid Mary : a true story of the deadliest cook in America
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Terrible typhoid Mary : a true story of the deadliest cook in America
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/5nIx8bgMDX4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/5nIx8bgMDX4/">Terrible typhoid Mary : a true story of the deadliest cook in America</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...