The Resource Mumbai, New York, Scranton
- Mumbai, New York, Scranton
- Statement of responsibility
- by Tamara Shopsin ; with photographs by Jason Fulford
- Scranton (Pa.) -- Biography.
- Shopsin, Tamara.
- Graphic artists -- New York (State) | New York -- Biography.
- Shopsin, Tamara -- Travel -- East Asia.
- Mumbai (India) -- Description and travel.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Biography.
- Shopsin, Tamara -- Biography
- Illustrators -- New York (State) | New York -- Biography.
- Shopsin, Tamara -- Travel -- East Asia
- East Asia -- Description and travel.
- Cooks -- New York (State) | New York -- Biography.
- "An extraordinarily moving memoir from an iconoclastic new talent--an artist, cook, and New York Times illustrator whose adventures at home and abroad revealed the importance of living life with your eyes wide open. Best known for her witty, sparse illustrations, and as a cook beside her mischievous father in her family's iconic Manhattan restaurant, in Mumbai New York Scranton, Tamara Shopsin chronicles a year in her life when impermanence was the theme. Told in a refreshingly original voice that alternates between tender and brazen, Shopsin recounts her trip to the Far East with her sidekick husband and the harrowing adventure that unfolds after returning home. Blending humor, love, and suspense--and featuring photographs by Jason Fulford--Mumbai New York Scranton reveals and inspires a kaleidoscope of emotions. Shopsin's surprising and affecting tale is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat"--From publisher's website
- Scranton, Pennsylvania -- Description and travel
- Cancer survivors -- Biography
- Artists -- Biography
- East Asia -- Description and travel
- Mumbai,India -- Description and travel
- New York City -- Description and travel
- Life change events
- Cooks -- Biography
- Travel Writing -- Living abroad
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Voyages and travels
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Mumbai, New York, Scranton
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Mumbai, New York, Scranton
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/5eKqPE378xk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/5eKqPE378xk/">Mumbai, New York, Scranton</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...