The Resource The rise and fall of communism, Archie Brown
- The rise and fall of communism, Archie Brown
- Statement of responsibility
- Archie Brown
- Originally published: London : Bodley Head, 2009
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -688) and index
- Origins and development. The idea of communism ; Communism and socialism : the early years ; The Russian revolutions and civil war ; "Building socialism" : Russia and the Soviet Union, 1917-40 ; International communism between the two world wars ; What do we mean by a communist system? -- Communism ascendant. The appeals of communism ; Communism and the Second World War ; The communist takeovers in Europe : indigenous paths ; The communist takeovers in Europe : Soviet impositions ; The communists take power in China ; Post-war Stalinism and the break with Yugoslavia -- Surviving without Stalin. Khrushchev and the Twentieth Party Congress ; Zig-zags on the road to "communism" ; Revisionism and revolution in Eastern Europe ; Cuba : a Caribbean communist state ; China : from the "Hundred Flowers" to "Cultural Revolution" ; Communism in Asia and Africa ; The "Prague Spring" ; "The era of stagnation" : the Soviet Union under Brezhnev -- Pluralizing pressures. The challenge from Poland : John Paul II, Lech WaÅesa, and the rise of Solidarity ; Reform in China : Deng Xiaoping and after ; The challenge of the West -- Interpreting the fall of communism. Gorbachev, Perestroika, and the attempt to reform communism, 1985-87 ; The dismantling of Soviet communism, 1988-89 ; The end of communism in Europe ; The break-up of the Soviet state ; Why did communism last so long? ; What caused the collapse of communism? ; What's left of communism?
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- 1st U.S. ed.
- xv, 720 p.,  p. of plates
- Other physical details
- ill., maps
ContextContext of The rise and fall of communism, Archie Brown
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The rise and fall of communism, Archie Brown
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/5d0KAJoTnNY/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/5d0KAJoTnNY/">The rise and fall of communism, Archie Brown</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...