The Resource Evening
- Statement of responsibility
- Hart-Sharp Entertainment ; produced by Jeff Sharp ; screenplay by Susan Minot and Michael Cunningham ; directed by Lajos Koltai
- Title variation
- Meryl Streep: Evening
- Madre e hija -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Melodrama -- Feature
- Friendship -- United States -- Drama.
- Family -- Feature
- Feature films.
- Terminally ill -- United States -- Drama.
- Mothers and daughters -- United States -- Drama.
- First loves -- United States -- Drama.
- Mother-daughter relationship -- United States -- Drama.
- Amistad -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro
- Overcome by the power of memory, Ann Lord reveals a long-held secret to her concerned daughters. Constance is a content wife and mother. Nina is a restless single woman. Both are bedside when Ann calls out for the man she loved more than any other. But her daughters wonder who is Harris and what is his relation to their mother? Constance and Nina try to take stock of Ann's life as their mother is tended to by a night nurse as she journeys into her mind back to a summer weekend some fifty years before, before she was married, going from New York City to be maid of honor at the high-society Newport wedding of her dearest friend from college, Lila Wittenborn. The bride-to-be is jittery, and turns to her maid of honor rather than her own mother for support. Ann stays close to her friend, yet is even closer to Lila's irrepressible brother Buddy. Unexpected feelings surge forth once Ann meets wedding guest Harris Arden, a lifelong friend and intimate of the Wittenborn family. Ann's love for Harris will change her life, and those of her daughters, forever
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Gyula Pados ; editor, Allyson C. Johnson ; music, Jan A.P. Kaczmarek ; costume designer, Ann Roth ; production designer, Caroline Hanania
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for some thematic elements, sexual material, a brief accident scene and language
- Language note
- English or French dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- LC call number
- LC item number
- E946564 2007
- Claire Danes, Toni Collette, Vanessa Redgrave, Patrick Wilson, Hugh Dancy, Natasha Richardson, Mamie Gummer, Eileen Atkins, Meryl Streep, Glenn Close
- Series statement
- Focus Features spotlight series
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Evening
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Evening
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/4axZdbAfyhM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/4axZdbAfyhM/">Evening</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...