The Resource Little Miss Sunshine
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Statement of responsibility
- Fox Searchlight Films ; Big Beach Films ; Third Gear Productions LLC ; Deep River Productions ; Bona Fide Productions ; produced by Albert Berger, David T. Friendly, Peter Saraf, Marc Turtletaub, Ron Yerxa ; written by Michael Arndt ; directed by Jonathna Dayton, Valerie Faris
- Carell, Steve, 1963-
- Arndt, Michael.
- Suhrstedt, Tim.
- Faris, Valerie.
- Big Beach Films (Firm)
- Bona Fide Productions.
- Breslin, Abigail, 1996-
- Fox Searchlight Pictures.
- DeVotchKa (Musical group)
- Kinnear, Greg, 1963-
- Danna, Mychael.
- Dayton, Jonathan.
- Arkin, Alan.
- Dano, Paul, 1984-
- Deep River Productions (Firm)
- Martin, Pamela.
- Collette, Toni.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Third Gear Productions (Firm)
- Cranston, Bryan, 1956-
- Grandparent and child -- United States -- Drama.
- Beauty contestants -- United States -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
- Brothers and sisters -- United States -- Drama.
- Youth -- Feature
- Feature films
- Parent and child -- United States -- Drama.
- Family -- Feature
- Feature films.
- Comedy -- Feature
- Competencias -- California -- Teatro
- Familias problematicas -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro
- Problem families -- United States -- Drama.
- Beauty contests -- California -- Drama.
- Comedy films
- Olive is a little girl who dreams of winning the Little Miss Sunshine contest. Her family wants her dream to come true, but they are so dysfunctional that they can barely make it through a day without some disaster befalling them. Olive's father, Richard, is unsuccessful as a motivational speaker. He is barely on speaking terms with Olive's mother. Her uncle Frank has attempted suicide following an unsuccessful romance with a male graduate student. Her brother Dwayne, a fanatical follower of Nietzsche, has taken a vow of silence. And Olive's grandfather is a loser with a drug habit, but at least he enthusiastically coaches Olive in her contest talent routine. Circumstances conspire to put the entire family on the road together with the goal of getting Olive to the Little Miss Sunshine contest in California
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Tim Suhrstedt ; editor, Pamela Martin ; music, Mychael Danna, Devotchka ; costume designer, Nancy Steiner ; production designer, Kalina Ivanov
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for language, some sex and drug content
- Language note
- In English or dubbed Spanish dialogue, with optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles
- LC call number
- LC item number
- L58854 2006
- Abigail Breslin, Greg Kinnear, Paul Dano, Alan Arkin, Toni Collette, Steve Carell, Bryan Cranston
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Little Miss Sunshine
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Little Miss Sunshine
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/4VREz1xjvbU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/4VREz1xjvbU/">Little Miss Sunshine</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...