The Resource Dreamgirls
- Statement of responsibility
- DreamWorks SKG ; Paramount Pictures ; Laurence Mark Productions ; produced by Laurence Mark ; screenplay by Bill Condon ; directed by Bill Condon
- Title variation
- Jamie Foxx: Dreamgirls
- Musical films.
- DVD recordings.
- Girl groups (Musical groups) -- United States -- Drama.
- Conjuntos musicales -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Feature films.
- Musical -- Feature.
- African American singers -- Drama.
- Cantantes -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro.
- Popular music -- United States -- Drama.
- Women -- Feature.
- Music trade -- United States -- Drama.
- Three young women Deena Jones, Effie White, and Lorrell Robinson desire to become pop stars. They get their wish when they are picked to be backup singers for the legendary James "Thunder" Early. When they are set free for leads, Curtis Taylor and Effie's brother C.C. decide that Deena should be the lead singer, which upsets Effie. The girls discover exactly what it takes to be in the music business and what they must give up to realize their dream
- Awards note
- Academy Awards (USA), 2007: Oscar - Best Achievement in Sound Mixing (Michael Minkler, Bob Beemer, Willie D. Burton) ; Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Jennifer Hudson).
- Golden Globes, USA, 2007: Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy ; Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture (Eddie Murphy) ; Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture (Jennifer Hudson).
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Tobias Schliessler ; editor, Virginia Katz ; original music, Henry Krieger ; costume designer, Sharen Davis ; production designer, John Myhre
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for langauges, some sexuality and drug content
- Language note
- English (Dolby 5.1, Dolby 2.0) or French (Dolby 5.1) dialogue, English or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- D743645757 2007
- Jamie Foxx, BeyoncÃ© Knowles, Eddie Murphy, Danny Glover, Jennifer Hudson, Anika Noni Rose, Keith Robinson
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Dreamgirls
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Dreamgirls
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/3btpddLFMGM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/3btpddLFMGM/">Dreamgirls</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...