The Resource Everybody's got something
- Everybody's got something
- Statement of responsibility
- by Robin Roberts with Veronica Chambers
- Roberts, Robin, 1960-
- Roberts, Robin, 1960- -- Health.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts
- Myelodysplastic syndromes -- Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Life change events.
- Breast -- Cancer | Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Women television news anchors -- United States -- Biography.
- The beloved Good Morning America anchor shares the incredible journey that's been her life so far and the lessons she learned along the way as she battled breast cancer and a rare blood disorder and dealt with the death of her mother
- "'Regardless of how much money you have, your race, where you live, what religion you follow, you are going through something. Or you already have or you will. As Momma always said, Everybody's got something.' So begins beloved Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts's new memoir in which she recounts the incredible journey that's been her life so far, and the lessons she's learned along the way. With grace, heart, and humor, she writes about overcoming breast cancer only to learn five years later that she will need a bone marrow transplant to combat a rare blood disorder, the grief and heartbreak she suffered when her mother passed away, her triumphant return to GMA after her medical leave, and the tremendous support and love of her family and friends that saw her through her difficult times. Following her mother's advice to 'make your mess your message,' Robin taught a nation of viewers that while it is true that we've all got something--a medical crisis to face, aging parents to care for, heartbreak in all its many forms--we've also all got something to give: hope, encouragement, a life-saving transplant or a spirit-saving embrace. As Robin has learned, and what readers of her remarkable story will come to believe as well, it's all about faith, family and friends. And finding out that you are stronger, much stronger, than you think"--
- Life stories -- Facing adversity | Medical issues
- Determination in women
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Women television newscasters and commentators
- People with breast cancer
- Courage in women
- Life stories -- Facing adversity | Dealing with death
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Mothers and daughters
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- R586 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Everybody's got something
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Everybody's got something
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/3MEeAwi1MKk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/3MEeAwi1MKk/">Everybody's got something</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...