The Resource Mystery in the minster : the seventeenth chronicle of Matthew Bartholomew
- Mystery in the minster : the seventeenth chronicle of Matthew Bartholomew
- Title remainder
- the seventeenth chronicle of Matthew Bartholomew
- Statement of responsibility
- Susanna Gregory
- Physicians -- England | Cambridge -- Fiction.
- Detective and mystery stories.
- Great Britain -- History -- Edward III, 1327-1377 -- Fiction.
- Bartholomew, Matthew (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- York (England) -- Fiction.
- Inheritance and succession -- England -- Fiction.
- Mystery fiction
- Historical fiction
- In 1358 the fledging college of Michaelhouse in Cambridge is in need of extra funds. A legacy from the Archbishop of York of a parish close to that city promises a welcome source of income. However, there has been another claim to its ownership and it seems the only way to settle the dispute is for a deputation from Michaelhouse to travel north. Matthew Bartholomew is among the small party which arrives in the bustling city, where the increasing wealth of the merchants is unsettling the established order, and where a French invasion is an ever-present threat to its port. But soon he and his colleagues learn that several of the Archbishop's executors have died in unexplained circumstances and that the codicil naming Michaelhouse as a beneficiary cannot be found
- Civilization, Medieval
- Inheritance and succession
- Bartholomew, Matthew (Fictitious character)
- Murder investigation
- Universities and colleges
- Amateur detectives
- York, England
- Cambridge, England
- Historical mysteries
- Great Britain -- History -- Edward III, 1327-1377
- Medieval mysteries
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- M97 2011
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Chronicles of Matthew Bartholomew
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Mystery in the minster : the seventeenth chronicle of Matthew Bartholomew
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Mystery in the minster : the seventeenth chronicle of Matthew Bartholomew
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/2vslH1itV94/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/2vslH1itV94/">Mystery in the minster : the seventeenth chronicle of Matthew Bartholomew</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...