The Resource The Book of Fires
- The Book of Fires
- Statement of responsibility
- Paul Doherty
- John of Gaunt, duke of Lancaster, 1340-1399
- Detective and mystery stories.
- John, of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster, 1340-1399 -- Fiction.
- Mystery fiction
- Tyler's Insurrection, 1381 -- Fiction.
- London (England) -- Fiction.
- Athelstan, Brother (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- History -- Richard II, 1377-1399 -- Fiction.
- February, 1381. A ruthless killer known as the Ignifer--Fire Bringer--is rampaging through London, bringing agonising death and destruction in his wake. He appears to be targeting all those involved in the recent trial and conviction of the beautiful Lady Isolda Beaumont, burned at the stake for the murder of her husband. As the late Sir Walter Beaumont was a close friend of the Regent, John of Gaunt orders Sir John Cranston and Brother Athelstan to investigate. In the dead man's possession was a copy of the mysterious 'Book of Fires', containing the secret formula of a devastating weapon, the so-called Greek Fire. The manuscript has since disappeared, and Gaunt is desperate for it not to fall into the hands of the Upright Men, who are busy plotting the Great Revolt. Was Isolda really guilty of murder? Who is the terrifying Fire Bringer--and what does he want?
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Sorrowful mysteries of Brother Athelstan ;
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Book of Fires
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Book of Fires
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/2ofRC3JxDN0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/2ofRC3JxDN0/">The Book of Fires</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...