The Resource Flying dinosaurs : how fearsome reptiles became birds
- Flying dinosaurs : how fearsome reptiles became birds
- Title remainder
- how fearsome reptiles became birds
- Statement of responsibility
- John Pickrell
- Feathers -- Evolution.
- Paleontology -- History -- 21st century.
- Dinosaurs -- Evolution.
- Reptiles, Fossil -- Purchasing.
- Feathers, Fossil.
- Dinosaurs -- Collection and preservation | Corrupt practices.
- Reptiles, Fossil -- Collection and preservation | Corrupt practices.
- Birds -- Evolution.
- Discoveries in science -- History -- 21st century.
- Dinosaurs -- Purchasing.
- Pterosauria -- Evolution.
- Dinosaurs -- Flight.
- "The discovery of stunning, feathered dinosaur fossils coming out of China since 2006 suggests that these creatures were much more bird-like than paleontologists previously imagined. Further evidence--bones, genetics, eggs, behavior, and more--has shown a seamless transition from fleet-footed carnivores to the ancestors of modern birds. Mixing colorful portraits with news on the latest fossil findings and interviews with leading paleontologists in the United States, China, Europe, and Australia, John Pickrell explains and details dinosaurs' development of flight. This special capacity introduced a whole new range of abilities for these animals and helped them survive a mass extinction when thousands of other dinosaur species that once populated the Earth did not. Pickrell also turns his journalistic eye toward the stories behind the latest discoveries, investigating the role of the Chinese black market in trading fossils, the controversies among various dinosaur hunters, the interference of national governments intent on protecting scientific information, and the race to publish findings first that make this research such a dynamic area of science."--Dust jacket flap, page 2
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- P53 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Flying dinosaurs : how fearsome reptiles became birds
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Flying dinosaurs : how fearsome reptiles became birds
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/2CJul6Ov5Ck/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/2CJul6Ov5Ck/">Flying dinosaurs : how fearsome reptiles became birds</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...